Are you looking to make an impact in the community that creates real change in young lives? YWS works in partnership with companies of all sizes to meet the strategic priorities of the shelter and your corporate social responsibility goals. Each partnership is personalized. With this integrated approach we are ending homelessness…one youth at a time, one step at a time.
- 87% of global consumers believe that businesses need to balance society’s interests with business interests. (Edelman Good Purpose Study 2012). Volunteering is being put to work, in varying degrees, as a strategic asset to help achieve business goals, including managing and changing culture, strengthening the brand, building external relationships, and improving employee engagement” (Global Trends in Volunteering, IAVE 2012).
- Global Companies Volunteering Globally Report (IAVE 2012) emphasizes that “global and local partnerships with NGOs are an essential element of success in corporate volunteering.” As Kenn Allen, lead author of the report explains, “They have gone from useful to essential, from local to global, from philanthropic to transactional to transformational.”
- Click here to view YWS’s Social Impact Rating.
- YWS has adopted the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement. The Canadian Code for Employer-Supported Volunteering aligns with the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
Partnership elements to explore together
- Corporate philanthropy.
- Employee giving through matching gift or volunteer grant programs.
- Third party fundraising efforts in the workplace.
- On-site at YWS employee engagement projects ranging from the YWS meal program to painting to yard work to Room Mates.
- Skill based employee engagement projects at YWS drawing upon your corporate knowledge and expertise.
- Off-site employee engagement projects including: On The Move Packages, My Own Kits, and Food Care Packages.
- Sponsorship opportunities with YWS’s two primary events: Time4Change and Cover Me Urban.
- Team building through attendance at YWS events.
- In-kind donation of your products and/or service expertise.
- Youth employment options.
- Education in your workplace through YWS’s educational outreach program and guest speakers.
Partnering with YWS, a two way street
UPS strives to achieve a balance between providing financial donations and rolling up our sleeves. We accomplish this by engaging our employees and partnering with charities and key community organizations – the real community experts. The UPS Partnership with Youth Without Shelter (YWS) is a great example.
UPS first encountered YWS through a United Way Day of Caring. Every year UPS holds a United Way campaign kickoff and engages a United Way supported agency as the host. YWS were gracious hosting our team and provided a wonderful view of the tremendous need for their services and how well they provide them. I personally became involved with the board of directors of YWS because of what I learned at this session.
Most recently a team of 30 people, mostly new management, descended upon YWS undertaking a variety of hands on projects. We are currently working a grant for a much needed project. I hope that what you are able to see here is the development of a relationship that is sustainable over the long term. YWS is a tremendous organization that has undertaken very difficult work. Helping to fix things early in children’s lives where too much has been broken too soon, providing the support, encouragement and discipline that is not otherwise available; and perhaps, most of all, offering hope. These are high yield activities and they are being delivered in an area that is otherwise woefully under-serviced.
This is very much a two-way street. Whatever the volunteer effort, YWS is the beneficiary of the toil, but the volunteers also benefit in many ways. There is always satisfaction in the completion of a task that might otherwise not get done. There is more satisfaction in learning about the wonderful work that YWS does and knowing that your time has played a part in helping them to be just a little bit better in some way. One of the key benefits of any relationship is that there is something in it for everyone. UPS partnering with YWS has, and will continue to be beneficial to both.
– Daniel Shea, UPS Canada VP Human Resources
Our Corporate Partners
Begin the partnership discussion please connect with our Director of Philanthropy at 416.748.0110 et. 26 or email@example.com